Sunday, February 10, 2008

I have strange children




Both are strange in their own ways, and both always have strange ideas. Whitney for instance will find a bag, any bag--Target, gift bag, purse, Halloween bucket and hoard tons and tons of toys inside. If you're missing something (like your keys), chances are it's stashed in one of Whitney's many bags. It's all very calculated. There seems to be some system in what toys get stashed and which toys don't. I wonder what's going on in my kid's heads sometimes. Well, this weekend Whitney placed a mitten on the door handle. Once again it was very calculated. She even announced "that is where the mitten is supposed to be." And she was determined no one move it. Not only do my kids have strange ideas, but they are very stubborn. It makes me wonder what their preschool teachers think!

11 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

they may be stubborn, but boy are they cute! check out whitney's baby blues!

these are the things you'll laugh about together later!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

so funny!! i love whitney's haircut... so cute!

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Crys said...

Ez is exactly the same with the hording toys in bags. It all started innocently enough with a few extra things in his trick or treat bag now he'll put stuff in anything. Shopping bags, backpacks, boxes. Like you said there is some order but often I have not idea what it is. I mean the red toys thing is obvious but the rest of it...well I just don't know. The hording thing does drive me nuts though because I myself have horded all his toys into toy bins in and order that makes sense to me and when he puts them in the bags well he just throws my ordering. Maybe I should just let him organize the ways he wants them :)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hailey use to do the same thing with the bags...I like to call it bag lady syndrome! I love the pic of whitney she looks so grown up!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

the picture says it all...

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Hey Sarah and Steve,
So this is kind of random, but Steve, do you remember Rand Champion from the newsroom? Because he works at NDSU in Fargo! Here's a link to his blog: http://championfam.blogspot.com/

(And please don't ask how I found out all of this info. Yes, it's true, I spend too much time on other people's blogs!)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger April said...

I LOVE it! It's not WEIRD, it's CREATIVE! :)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger andrewsrock said...

That mitten on the door handle is hilarious! Have you read Dr. Seuss' Wacky Wednesday?

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

What a goofball! Geez, mama, of course mittens are supposed to be on the doorknob!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

This is really very hilarious! I love the picture of her on top. Looks like she's deep in thought.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger HJolley said...

i love that picture with the mitten on the door . . . too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home