Sunday, February 17, 2008

The past couple of weeks have been...

less than stellar. I'm not one for negative rant posts, but lately it seems like one thing has been happening after another. As my friend Emily says, "when it rains, it pours." Luckily nothing seriously bad has been happening over then past couple of weeks, just enough little unpleasant things that have made January and Feburary seem long.

In January, someone hit our car in the parking lot. The bright side is the guy who hit us was stellar and told the leasing office that he hit our car and his insurance covered the total cost of repair. We got to drive a 2008 Ford Edge which made me feel powerful for a week (though I very greatly dislike SUVs) Poor Steve had to spend a day calling insurance companies, car shops and rental places.

We've had 2 sick bugs hit us in 3 weeks. Just me and Joshua, the first time the flu, the second time a really bad cold. Luckily Steve and Whitney have stayed healthy. But Steve had to take a day off school (aka working on the diss) to take care of us. The next day was Valentine's day. We find out we have a flat 10 minutes before I had a meeting at Joshua's preschool. Steve changed the flat (with our spare which ended up being flat too) and missed another day working on the diss to get our car functioning again. Luckily my friend Emily and Amy were able to get us to preschool and back so the kids could go to their Valentine's Day party and I could go to the meeting. Phew!

Church was cancelled today because of snow and ice, so once again we're all stuck inside. I think we're going to go crazy soon!

Well if good things can't happen to us right now, at least they're happening to other people. My sister had her baby on Friday February 15th and Joshua's preschool teacher (probably one of the best people I know) found out she's having twins! Yay!

Here are some pictures of the kid's Valentine's day. Whitney loved every one of her Valentines. Joshua was still pretty sick (I probably shouldn't of sent him to school but he had been home all day for 2 days and missed a couple of days of school when he had the flu a week and a half earlier). He looks still pretty miserable.




So bring on March! We're ready to be done with January and February. Emily also says the bad things happen before the good, so let's hope she's right!

7 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

sarah! i am SO sorry for all of the bad luck! but it makes me feel so much better to know that we aren't alone with all of the bad luck we've had lately, too! i agree with you whole-heartedly...winter - be gone!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jessica Bybee said...

I am sorry you guys have been sick! Yucky! I am ready for the summer rays to be out! I want to be outside gardening and playing with the boys!
Good luck go the Beck's way!!!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger April said...

Bummer! Hopefully things will look up soon! Congrats on being an aunt!!!

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It has been a LONG winter...you sound as ready for spring as I feel! That's too bad you've been sick. It's bad enough when your kids are sick, but worse when you are because you're the one who's supposed to take care of everything! Hopefully things get better!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

I am sorry for all the bad things that have been happening...bad weather...sicknesses...car issues. Sounds utterly exhausting. Hope everyone can get feeling better. Sending you some warm sunshine from south Texas.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope march brings much joy and health your way:) Here is something that should make you laugh, I was just called to be the YW camp director...yikes!!!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

amen to that!!! winter just seems to DRAG and it brings all kinds of yucky things with it. march is almost here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home