Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Beef with Ben...


Ben Franklin, the father of Daylight Savings. Thanks to him my children think it's not bedtime because the sun is "still turned on." They think they don't need to take a bath because it's still sunny and they want to play in the back yard. Thanks to him, my kids have a hard time getting up in the morning to get ready for school on time, and I have a hard time getting up at 5:30am to go running because my body still thinks it's 4:30am. Curse that man...he thought he was so smart with his new ideas (granted electricity, public libraries and eyeglasses are things I couldn't go without) but messing with one's sleep schedule!!! Not cool. I heard on NPR the other day that daylight savings doesn't really save us energy so my question is...Why??? Obviously with Ben frolicking around in France flirting with women didn't give him the same experience as his poor wife back home taking care of their kids and putting him to bed earlier than normal...Grr..hopefully the Beck family can adjust to their new sleep schedule before we have to change the clocks again in the fall.

9 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sarah S said...

I'm sorry Sarah! I think it's much harder w/ kids your age. Eli slept in until 8 this morning and I was in HEAVEN! I'm so impressed you go running at 5:30 a.m.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

I agree completely! So amazing that you actually get up that early, by choice. I try to sleep as late as I possibly can, which is regrettably not very late.

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hey Sarah! Just found your blog and I have to agree, this time change is a pain. I need to move to a state that isn't affected by daylight savings...
Glad to hear you are all doing ok inspite of the time difference! We miss you!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Chad and Amy Jensen said...

AMEN! We are having trouble with adjusting to the time change too. I feel your pain!

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Jessica Bybee said...

Amen!!!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Mommy Meen said...

I'll vote to abolish daylight savings! If Saskatchewan can do it, so can we all :) The Spring time change always muddles me up good- I'm having a hard time getting hungry for supper because it's still light out! Oh the creatures of habit that we are!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Exactly, Sarah!!! I've given up on bedtime this week. Princess and I went for a walk last night at 7 pm because there was no way she was going to crawl into bed.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger April said...

Amen!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a clever post. i agree...it was definitely designed by a man with no consideration for his wife & kids! and i am also impressed at your running schedule!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home