Saturday, May 03, 2008

Just Itchin' To Leave Kansas

Every week that goes by the more excited we are to leave Kansas and move to Fargo. After what's happened over the past few days, however, we are really wishing we could move now!

Kansas is very beautiful in the springtime, the weather is perfect, you can actually spend the whole day outside without the scalding 100F temperatures that come in June and July, and it has many beautiful flowering trees:


Which is a BIG problem. I've never had allergies in my life until we moved here. Joshua has always had allergies, but they never have been the problem we've had since we moved here. Every spring and fall, his eyes swell up so bad that he looks like he's been punched in the face a couple of times. Well, this year is worse than ever. On Thursday his left eye swelled shut, and the poor kid kept running to the bathroom every 2 minutes to try to put water in his eyes. Then the wheezing started. He's never wheezed before, so we ended up at Prompt Care that night. We've switched him from Claritin to Zyrtec, and this is how he looks now. SO much better than on Thursday. I wish I could have taken the "before" pictures on Thursday, but the camera batteries were dead.




We ditched our church's camp out Friday night and my plan is to keep him inside for as much as possible. Which is really sad, because both my kids love riding their bikes and playing outside, and I really love them not tearing up my house with their energy and boredom.

6 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger HJolley said...

yeah, i had a student go home early from school this week due to allergies!! crazy!! good luck with that! we need to get together!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

Poor guy! Hope his allergies stay under control. I remember that my allergies were really bad when we lived there too. Ugh!

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I REALLY feel for you....I get allergies REALLY bad in the spring. I always look sick because my eyes are red, puffy and itchy! Poor little guy...he must be miserable!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

ugh that's terrible! I'm glad the medicine is helping. eli has had watery eyes for the last week now and I'm wondering if it's allergies too. not fun!

when do you leave for fargo? do you have a place to live yet?

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Oh no! I didn't realize he had it that bad! Do you think the move will help that? Poor guy.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer Thibodeau said...

So sorry to hear about about the allergies in your little family. ( A pictures worth a thousand words. Hope your both feeling better. Good luck with the move to Fargo. Were thrilled to know you'll be closer to Canada!
Love A.Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home