Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day and the Iron Man

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there. I am so thankful to have a great dad myself that put up with living in a house of two daughters. I'm thankful for all the things he taught me: how to ski, how to skate, how to build a model rocket for school, how to love the Edmonton Oilers. Dad you're the best!

I'm also thankful for Steve and what a great dad he is to Whitney and Joshua. We have some high-maintenence kids, and he always has great patience with them. Even as a busy student he always finds time to play with them. Thanks for all you do!



This week I participated in the Iron Man. Well, sort of. I volunteered for the Iron Man. I signed up to help check in the athletes Friday afternoon so I could run the Rock Chalk 5K/10K Saturday morning for free. I couldn't believe all the people who signed up. It's $250 to register and people flew from Brazil, Australia, Canada all over the U.S. to particpate. These people are hard-core. The Iron Man is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run. (That run is a half marathon folks).

The 5K was so much fun. The weather was great and the course had some good shady areas. I actually ran pretty well too. I came in first place in my age division and 16th overall in women. Comparing it to the Iron Man, it doesn't seem like much, but it was fun to win and I got a cup. No, nothing like Lord Stanley's Cup, more like a table glass. Also, congrats to my friend Katina, who did her first triathalon in Topeka. You're awesome Katina!



(I know, not too attractive)

And to end this very long post, a picture of Whitney--napping. That girl hasn't taken a nap since 2006

13 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

Way to go, placing 1st in your age division! I'm very impressed. Bless your heart...Whitney hasn't napped in that long.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Sarah S said...

This post cracked me up - especially the Whitney comment at the end. Good job doing so well in the 5K!! I'm really impressed w/ your running skills.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger heidi said...

A CUP! you should drink out of it for every meal!
and first in your division? that is only something i can dream about!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Kelly said...

Awesome! Congrats on the 5K & the nap!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah!! I am so proud of you.I think you are crazy, but I am still very proud of you!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Congrats again on the run! I think you should put the trophy in a shadow box and hang it right next to Steve's diploma over the mantle in your NEW house! Really, though, that is so great, Sarah! Yay! And your blog is sooo cute. I'm so glad we can still keep up with Beck happenings, even when you move.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger MaryAnn said...

Sarah you and Steve rock! I sympathize with the high maintenance/nap thing.That's rough.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

way to go Sarah!!! You are an inspiration!!! Oh, and I loved the picture that joshua made-sooo cute!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger April said...

Nice work on the race! You amaze me! I'm still waiting to see pictures of Whitney's new skirt! :)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Great job, you're an amazing girl!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger HJolley said...

oh man, that cake looks GOOD. when do i get to see you again? i miss you guys! and way to go on all you do. you never cease to amaze me!!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger esherman10 said...

Way to go, Sarah! I'm impressed!

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Liz L said...

You are so awesome! I have done a few 5ks but I'm never good enough to actually place. That's so cool you won a trophy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home