Friday, March 27, 2009

Afternoon Update

Well, just as we were about to eat dinner, we got a "Code Red." There was a breach and they needed volunteers immediately to go fill bags and bag in the dike a block and a half down from us.

Steve is diking right now. Pray that it works.

I'm debating whether to put the kids down to bed right now. Just in case we have to leave in the next couple of hours.

It was a relatively quiet afternoon. That's the weird thing about all of this. It's just ups and downs. Up yesterday after we had finished our dikes to 43 ft. Down half an hour later after we heard the crest prediction had changed to 43. Today we sat around the house. The city is asking we not travel around the city so that means if you volunteer it HAS to be in your neighborhood. I "did laundry" this afternoon. Washed the essential underwear in the bathtub, and hung it on the shower curtain rod. I also found an old ugly curtain rod the previous owners left in the basement, and hung laundry on that too. I hope that it dries by tomorrow morning.

Well, the kids and I are just waiting. I'm going to watch the updates for evacs. I guess the positive thing this afternoon is they think the river will crest between 41-42 ft in the next 24 hrs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home