Friday, March 20, 2009

Mall of America

This week is NDSU and the kid's spring break so we decided to go down to Minneapolis for a quick visit. Our first stop was the Mall of America. Now, I grew up in Edmonton, so I was interested in seeing how the Mall of America compared to West Edmonton Mall. I think the most obvious difference is that Mall of America is really REALLY tall (like 4 or 5 floors) while West Ed is spread out across a massive area (like you walk miles in it). Otherwise, they're pretty similar, they both have indoor underwater aquariums, and they both have indoor amusement parks.

We first visited Legoland, which is really cool and free (the only free thing in the whole mall other the water coming out of the water fountains). They have a ton of huge Lego creations, and the kids can sit at stations and build with Legos. Of course, Joshua thought the coolest legos ever were the ones with letters.








We then went to Nickelodeon Universe, and went on a few rides:




Of course, this is Minnesota and that means hockey, and guess what?! They have OILERS gear. We had to take some pics:




And last but not least, the American Girl store. I can't WAIT to read the books to Whitney. And it doesn't even matter that I'm Canadian :) I had Canadian friends who read the books.

4 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

Umm I think as an adult I wouldn't mind seeing LEGO land--- as a child that was my secret desire! It looks like you guys had alot of fuN! What is the American girl store anyway? Please fill me in :)
What a fun fun trip! when are you coming to visit houston???/ I heard on NPR that flights right now are super cheap like 30 bucks for one way??? Who needs a piano or anew couch when you could come visit your sister?

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

Oh yeah--- I was watching the news in nov, and I think it was on CNN or something when they did a story about Lego land and how they were creating the inaugarationof Pres Obama, so they had this LEGO White house ect, it was pretty cool.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger MaryAnn said...

Sounds like tons of fun. Sorry everything cost money, but everything cool usually does.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that there was a mall in this country with all that stuff in it. How cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home