Friday, March 20, 2009

Minneapolis Institute of Art

We also spent a few hours at the Minneapolis Institute of Art, which was wonderful too. I have to say my favourite section was the Impressionists. Rousseau to be exact, but my expert art sis Laura says he's technically post-impressionist. Well, I did find an interesting bust. And it reminded me of the most recent Pride and Prejudice. I don't know if I was supposed to take pics or not. They didn't say we couldn't. But I made sure I didn't use a flash.


Oh, and they had an awesome AWESOME sculpture by Dale Chihuly called Sunburst. Did I say it was awesome?

5 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

sarah--- I loved that you quoted me on that--- I just have to say that you are a little too close to that bUST! Really... it looks like you are "leaning" I am surprised no gaurd hounded you for it! *laughs* When I went to the Boston Museum of Fine Art, they had lasers ( i think that were heat sensitive) that would set off alarms that told you to 'step back from the artwork." no joke, talk about making you jump!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Laura Weight said...

sarah--- I loved that you quoted me on that--- I just have to say that you are a little too close to that bUST! Really... it looks like you are "leaning" I am surprised no gaurd hounded you for it! *laughs* When I went to the Boston Museum of Fine Art, they had lasers ( i think that were heat sensitive) that would set off alarms that told you to 'step back from the artwork." no joke, talk about making you jump!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

What a fun trip--so much to see and do! I might be a little jealous sitting here in Larry, Kansas! ;)

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger MaryAnn said...

That bust looks exactly like the one in the movie! I have to say that the sunburst is truly awesome looking. I am glad you had some time to see the sites and explore. Sounds neat.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Anne Marie said...

What a fantastic trip! Ikea, art museum, Legoland...sounds perfect. I love impressionist art (my favorite is Renoir, although I really do love them all).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home