Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday Morning

Well, last night was a good night. We all slept through the night soundly and didn't get up until 8 am. I don't know if it's because we're SO tired, or that we're finally starting to relax about the situation. It's another stay-at-home day. Only essential businesses are open, and Governor Hoeven has waved a law saying that those business can remain open Saturday night through Sunday morning. My laundry from yesterday is pretty much dry, so I think I'll start another load this afternoon. I cleaned the upstairs bathroom this morning. I just felt I needed to clean SOMETHING--my house is such a mess. At least I didn't have to clean the downstairs toilet. It's been removed and Steve plugged the drain so we don't get any sewage backup.

The best news so far--NWS THINKS THE RIVER HAS CRESTED!!!

That doesn't mean it's over. The mayor thinks we won't be out of the worst for another 8 days. They think it will stay this high (40.7 feet) until Wednesday. That means our sandbag dikes have to hold that river back for a while yet.

Thanks again for your prayers for Fargo. Please pray for Moorhead, MN. They have had more evacuations than Fargo has. Last night the mayor of Moorhead was on the local news and he looked like he was on the verge of tears.

Well, I should shower and start a new round of laundry

5 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kevin Smith said...

You and your family are in our prayers. I'm pretty sure I've never cared so much about North Dakota. We miss having you here in Lawrence, but know you are a great blessing to the people of Fargo. May the Lord continue to watch over you and the surrounding communities.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are praying for you, your family and the whole region. I have never seen anything like this. Please take care of yourselves and be careful.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

We've been checking your blog often to make sure you guys are okay. Who knew that in less than a year living there you'd have such an adventure! Take care, Becks!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Sarah S said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to evacuate AND got a good night's rest!! That's great news. We will keep praying for you and the people there.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger CAP said...

Hey Sarah, it's Carrie Anne (this is the Blogger account I use for my classes at NDSU).

Just wanted to let you know that you (and/or Steve) are welcome to use the laundry facilities at our apartment building at any time. We have multiple washers/dryers, and a jar full of quarters for just such an occasion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home