Sunday, July 24, 2011

O Canada and other travels


This past week I went up to Sault Ste Marie, Ontario to celebrate my grandparent's 65th wedding anniversary. I drove up with my parents (Steve stayed behind with the kids) and honestly, it was so fun to be with family without having to worry about the kids. We stayed with my grandparents the first couple of days (at this point, they didn't know about their surprise celebration) and afterwards we stayed at my Aunt Mary and Uncle John's cabin. It was so good to see everyone. I was sad that Laura and my cousin Jackie weren't there, but glad I could see my aunts and uncles and cousins. This picture is the beach off my Aunt and Uncle's cabin. Gorgeous eh? Honestly, I've never seen Lake Superior so peaceful and calm ever. Thank you everyone for the nice break! Congrats Grandma and Grandpa!



Unfortunately, I have no pics of family because I was assigned by my parents to take pictures of family with their family. Hopefully I'll be able to get copies and post them soon :)

Less than a week after I got back from Canada, Steve and the kids and I went to Minneapolis to hang out with Steve for a little bit, while he attended a conference for work. We went to IKEA (of course) and also to the sculpture gardens. Sometimes I miss living in a big city (though I love Fargo) and I think the thing I miss the most about big cities is culture! I miss museums, I miss ART museums, symphonies, and all that good stuff. Here are some pictures of us at the sculpture gardens:








My kids LOVE staying in hotels :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home